January 18, 9am to 2pm
Pine Jog Environmental Education Center
6301 Summit Boulevard, West Palm Beach
- Workshops on Canning, Dehydrating, Food Storage, and Composting.
- Food Waste – Challenges and Solutions.
- Avoiding Waste in Businesses panel discussion.
- Disco Soup demo – produce that would be wasted made into delicious soup.
- Community organizations and select vendors on site with resources.
- Lunch provided, sponsored by Whole Foods Market Wellington.
The 4th annual Growing Green Communities event, "Saving the 30%: Using the Food We Grow," will be a fun-filled day aimed at tackling food waste. In the US, at least 30% of food is wasted - in the fields, transport systems, grocery stores, restaurants, schools, and in our homes. Food waste is a huge contributor to climate change as well as a drain on family finances. At "Saving the 30%" workshop sessions you will learn more about preserving food, composting, and other tools for preventing food waste.
Fight climate change, support sustainable food production and distribution, learn homesteading skills - Be A Food Saver!!
Tickets available at the door: Adults - $15, Kids - $5, 5 and under are free