Slow Food Glades to Coast (SFGC) invites you to become a member during our September membership drive. Our Chapter is part of the worldwide Slow Food organization which promotes good, clean, and fairly produced food. Located in Broward and most of Palm Beach counties, SFGC hosts many events throughout the year such as farm tours, restaurant visits, and tastings. Our most recent events included a tropical fruit tour of the Sundy House in Delray Beach with Rare Fruit expert Noel Ramos and a tour of the new Delray Children’s Garden. We actively support school nutrition programs, community gardens, and we hold an annual Growing Green Communities conference.
There are multiple levels of Slow Food membership - benefits of joining include:
• Discounts on Slow Food-related events, including Free or reduced admission to tours, educational events, and tastings
• Monthly SFGC newsletter with Chapter updates
• Member exclusive events
• Members-only magazine Slow: USA twice a year (April and October)
• Members-only Food News weekly email digests
• Annual membership meeting – meet the SFGC Board, learn about Chapter goals, and eat some good local food!
You can join Slow Food Glades to Coast by visiting the Slow Food USA membership page - please indicate that you would like to be a member of Florida’s Glades to Coast chapter.
As part of this year’s membership drive, September 7th will be “Give What You Can Day” – for 1 day only, any amount you donate will support a 1-year basic membership for you or a farmer/friend of your choosing.
If you care about local farmers, ranchers, fishers; the joy of a shared meal; preserving food culture; or protecting the environment, we have a place for you at our table. We hope you’ll join us!